Most roadside foods are high in fat and sugar and could be dangerous but I am going to show you 6 Quick Healthy Homemade Food Recipes you can make in less than 40 minutes.
Often times I tend not to cook at home due to my busy work schedule; though I love homemade foods and I love trying out new recipes when I have a little break from work. But all thanks to this pandemic ravaging the world, I have rediscovered my magic fingers.
In the last one week I have tried out several recipes for homemade foods and had all of the process documented.
Here are the 6 (six) lovelies I made;
1. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 1 (ONE) IS;
Dirty fries & Double stack bacon cheese burger
Thick cut home made fries cheese sauce made with Cheshire and red Leicester with bacon lardons plus caramelized onion.
Double patties with melted cheese between topped with 2 rashes crisp smoked bacon, tomato slices, sliced pickle, gem lettuce and battered onion medallion.
1. Pour your olive or vegetable oil in a frying pan
2. Put in the chopped onion and fry until crispy brown.
3. Next, you add your garlic and let it fry together for say 20 seconds thereafter you remove it from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Now, mix your egg, salt, pepper, tomato slices, smoked bacon, and the fried onion.
5. Add your seasoning to taste just as you love it.
6. Now you can share the mixture into 4 or 5 places according to on how you want them to look in size and form patties with your hands.
7. Get a tray lined with baking paper, then place in the fridge to allow it chill for a while.
8. After about 30 minutes, heat a large cast iron pan/griddle pan until hot then cook the burgers until charred and cooked to your preference.
9. Turn off the heat, top with the cheese and cover with foil for some minutes. Next, add a spoonful of mayonnaise to the buns, place your lettuce, tomato, the patty and then the bacon.
Serve immediately.I can feel my arteries closing.
2. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 2 (TWO) IS;
Homemade Donner and chicken kebabs
Did you know the word Kebab in Arabic actually means fried meat and not grilled meat? So why then do we have our kebabs mostly grilled?
Well, the recipe for this kebab is fried and not grilled.
*1 kg – Chicken chopped into medium sized pieces
*1.1/2 table spoon – Corn flour
*2 table spoon – Lime juice
*2 table spoon- Kebab Powder
*3 big eggs- Egg
*4 tbsp – Chili powder
*1 cup – Curd
*2 tea spoon – Ginger Garlic paste
*Salt ( for deep fry )
1. Rinse, wash and dry your chicken
2. Put in Garlic and Ginger into your blender, now blend and keep the Ginger-Garlic paste aside.
3. Now marinade your chicken. Get a medium sized bow, crack your eggs inside the bowl an mix.
4. Put in your Kebab powder, chili powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste and every other ingredients save for the chicken.
5. Mix ingredients together very well. Next, add a little water and lemon juice to make the paste a little lighter.
6. Put your chopped chicken into the marinade and mix together properly.
7. After chicken is marinated, place in a refrigerator for an hour or two hours.
8. Now it is time to deep fry. Fry the chicken till they are crispy brown.
3. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 3 (THREE) IS;
Fresh Tiger Bread!..
Richmond Irish sausages…
Fried Serrano Ham….
Crisp fresh red onion’s….
Crushed pork scratching…
Even on the top of the roll more scratching and cheese!!…. slate or rate!
4. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 4 (FOUR) IS;
Slow cooked Rabbit Stew.
Hmmmm it was delicious. If you’ve never tried rabbit it’s delicious, cheap, and you can get it from your local butcher so supporting local business! #shoplocal
5. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 5 (FIVE) IS;
Homemade Vietnamese crab summer rolls
So trying again as I made a spelling mistake last time!! Oooops!! So. First time poster alert!! Homemade Vietnamese crab summer rolls with a nuoc cham dipping sauce and the most yummy spicy pork larb in lettuce Cups with rice and a dip of hoisin and/or sriracha yum yum yum!! Looking forward to all your cracking comments!!
6. MY HEALTHY HOMEMADE FOOD NUMBER 6 (SIX) IS;
Poached eggs on garlic yoghurt
Poached eggs on garlic yoghurt with a burnt butter drizzle flavoured with chili and Smokey paprika topped of with a little rosemary. Adapted from a Nigella recipe. Was freaking good if I do say so myself.